Good news for parents of special- needs kids: a proven approach to everyday meals that fosters learning and development. Judy Converse, MPH, RD, LD, is a registered licensed dietician specializing in dietary intervention for autism patients.
Now, Judy Converse offers new advice and guidance on how to use food as an essential tool for development. Based on the latest research, Special-Needs Kids Eat Right includes:
• Simple substitutions that can be easily customized to suit any child’s needs
• Advice for helping the whole family—along with school staff and caregivers—adjust and take part
• Strategies and tips for staying on track at restaurants, holiday gatherings, school parties and lunches, and overcoming obstacles
• Shopping and resource guides
• A long-term program for measuring progress and making adjustments